Friday 1 May 2009

Happy May Day


Yes, today is officially the first day of summer! From here on in, it's all barbecues, holidays and sun.... Well, in theory anyway.

Here in Dublin, the day started off hesitantly with an overcast sky. Unable to decide what to do, it then decided to drizzle and then rain heavily. Having done that for about 2 hours, it then got bored and decided to let the sun shine. Let's just see what the rest of the day and indeed, the weekend, has in store for us.

Since it's a Bank Holiday weekend here, I was trying to work out what to do so as not to waste the time off. This evening I'm meeting a friend of mine for a bite to eat after work - we haven't seen each other in too long. Tomorrow, I'm meeting my little brother (not so little anymore...) in town to take custody of my baby nephew for a full day's baby-sitting (I may need a hand with this one)...

Then Sunday should hopefully, weather permitting, allow some emergency gardening to be done. I'm nearly convinced that I saw gazelle behind some of the shrubs, but I could be wrong. Monday, I am leaving deliberately plan-free so that I can just chill and do whatever I feel like.

So, for the moment, I wish you all a happy May Day.

Cheers,

Fred

No comments: